MI – Introduction to MBRS
Who should attend?
- Company Secretaries
- Finance Professionals
- Business Owners
- Whoever are interested to learn about MBRS
On 27 September 2018, Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM) has launched the Malaysian Business Reporting System or its acronym, MBRS. MBRS refers to the submission platform based on the eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) format.
MBRS allows for the submission of:
- Annual Return (AR);
- Financial Statements and Report (FS); and
- Exemption Applications (EA) related to the FS and AR.
The guiding principles behind the financial and the non-financial scopes for MBRS is based on the Companies Act 2016, Malaysian Private Entities Reporting Standards (MPERS) and Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards (MFRS).
The mandatory submission for annual returns, certificate for private exempt company and unaudited financial statements to SSM are in two phases and by zones from November 2018.
Information on MBRS and the MBRS Preparation Tool (mTool) can be accessed for free at http://www.ssm.com.my/Pages/Services/Other-Services/MBRS.aspx
This 1-day course aims to provide participants with an in-depth understanding of XBRL format and MBRS platform for the purpose of compliance with the requirements contained in the Companies Act 2016. Participants will gain working knowledge on the MBRS filing requirements and how to optimize the use of the mTool to ensure smooth submission of annual returns and financial statements.
- What is XBRL and how does it work?
- Introduction to Malaysian Business Reporting System (MBRS).
- Components of MBRS:
– SSM Taxonomy (SSMxT)
– MBRS Preparation Tool (mTool)
– MBRS Portal (mPortal)
- Compulsory SSM digital signature registration.
- Submission workflow
– Annual Return and exemption applications.
– Financial Statements and key financial indicators.
- Install and getting started with the preparation tool.
- Introduction to SSMxT.
- Preparing and filing MBRS Annual Returns.
By attending this programme, the participants will be able to:
- Have an overview of the MBRS filing requirements.
- Get started with the preparation tool (mTool).
- Submit AR via mPortal.
- Get an overview of MBRS Financial Statements.
Lectures supported with presentation slides and Q&A session.
Our MBRS trainers have gone thru SSM MBRS trainer certification.
8 SSM CPE Points
Fee inclusive of certificate of attendance, seminar materials and refreshment.