Malaysian Business Reporting System
This submission platform will be known as the “Malaysian Business Reporting System” (MBRS) which allows for the annual submission filing of:
– Financial Statements and Reports (FS);
– Annual Return (AR); and
– Exemption Applications (EA) which are related to the FS and AR applications.
What is XBRL?
XBRL is the open international standard for digital business reporting, managed by a global not for profit consortium, XBRL International. We are committed to improving reporting in the public interest. XBRL is used around the world, in more than 50 countries. Millions of XBRL documents are created every year, replacing older, paper-based reports with more useful, more effective and more accurate digital versions.
In a nutshell, XBRL provides a language in which reporting terms can be authoritatively defined. Those terms can then be used to uniquely represent the contents of financial statements or other kinds of compliance, performance and business reports. XBRL lets reporting information move between organisations rapidly, accurately and digitally.
1. Companies Act 2016;
2. Applicable approved accounting standards for financial statements of :
a. Malaysian Private Entities Reporting Standards (MPERS) for private company that –
– is not itself required to prepare or lodge any financial statements under any law administered by the Securities Commission Malaysia or Bank Negara Malaysia; and
– is not a subsidiary or associate of, or jointly controlled by, an entity which is required to prepare or lodge any financial statements under any law administered by the Securities Commission Malaysia or Bank Negara Malaysia or
b. Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards (MFRS) for public company.
The Release & Launching of MBRS
MBRS Release 1
1. To allow the public to sufficiently test the elements captured in the mTool displaying the reporting details of the AR, FS or EA;
2. To allow the public to test and familiarized themselves with the functionalities and capabilities of the free mTool provided by SSM; and
3. To ensure the public has sufficient time to attend the training programmes organized by SSM.
For a better view of the mTool, please download the mTool Installer (based on your computer’s compatibility) using the link provided below:
For a step by step installation guide, please refer to the MBRS Preparation Tool Release 1 Installation Guide.
MBRS Preparation Tool Release 1 User Manual will be explaining on the basic functionalities and capabilities of the system.
The Scope of Submission
Users can get a clearer idea of which types of filing are allowed under the MBRS submission platform from the “MBRS Summary – Scope of Submission”. Users can choose to view the AR, FS, or EA respectively in the MBRS Preparation Tool launch window once the MBRS Preparation Tool is successfully installed.
MBRS training programmes offered by SSM and our Partners are divided into two: