MP – MBRS for Preparers (Financial Statement)
Who should attend?
- Financial Statements Preparers
- Finance professionals
- Those who are involved in the submission of Financial Statements under MBRS
On 27 September 2018, Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM) has launched the Malaysian Business Reporting System or its acronym, MBRS. MBRS refers to the submission platform based on the eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) format.
MBRS allows for the submission of:
- Annual Return (AR);
- Financial Statements and Report (FS); and
- Exemption Applications (EA) related to the FS and AR.
The guiding principles behind the financial and the non-financial scopes for MBRS is based on the Companies Act 2016, Malaysian Private Entities Reporting Standards (MPERS) and Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards (MFRS).
The mandatory submission for annual returns, certificate for private exempt company and unaudited financial statements to SSM are in two phases and by zones from November 2018.
Information on MBRS and the MBRS Preparation Tool (mTool) can be accessed for free at http://www.ssm.com.my/Pages/Services/Other-Services/MBRS.aspx
This 2-day course is specially designed to provide preparers with an in-depth understanding and knowledge in using the MBRS preparation tool (mTool) for submission of Financial Statements (FS) and Key Financial Indicators (KFI) to SSM. In this course, participants will be guided with a practical session on preparation of a set of financial statements on MBRS.
- Overview on what is XBRL and MBRS.
- SSM Taxonomy (SSMxT) and its use.
- MBRS filing requirements.
- Exemption Application (EA) taxonomy.
- Getting started – Creation of XBRL instance document and fill scoping questions.
- How to fill submission document for FS and KFI?
- Validation and rectification of errors.
- Generation and submission of XBRL file to SSM.
- Functions and features of MBRS preparation tool.
- Hands-on training using mTool for financial statement.
By attending this programme, the participants will be able to:
- Acquire first-hand knowledge and hands-on training on MBRS FS.
- Get started with the preparation tool (mTool).
- Navigate the SSMxT.
- Fill submission document for FS and KFI.
- Generate and submit XBRL file to SSM.
Lectures supported with presentation slides, hands-on and Q&A session.
PRE-REQUISITES for Participants
- Have attended the seminar on ‘Introduction to MBRS’.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel skills.
- Proficiency in statutory financial reporting.
Participants are REQUIRED to bring the following:
- Laptop with the MBRS Preparation Tool (mTool) installed.
Go to http://www.ssm.com.my/Pages/Services/Other-Services/MBRS.aspx to download the mTool.
A group of 6 Trainers certified by Companies Commission of Malaysia to deliver MBRS Training for the public audience. Members of the group are Accounting Professionals with vast experience in accounting practice.
They are six (6) members of Accounting Professionals who have been trained and certified by SSM to deliver MBRS Training for the public audience. The trainers have been selected from the experienced workforce from Pro B Centre Sdn Bhd, a working partner of Big Dataworks Sdn Bhd. (SSM’s Official Training Service Provider for MBRS)
16 SSM CPE Points
Fee inclusive of certificate of attendance, seminar materials and refreshment.